Monday, March 25, 2013

Bedroom Redecoration

Among the billion other projects I've been undertaking at my house this winter, my bedroom was one that I've wanted to tackle for awhile.  It's taken me a solid six months to even decide what I wanted to do.  All I knew is that I wanted a change, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money.  Well, lo and behold, Macy's heard my prayer.  I was a mere day or two away from breaking down and ordering a ridiculously overpriced bedding ensemble from Jonathon Adler (seen here) when I was randomly wandering around Macy's home section.  I was waiting for Courts to pick out a wedding gift when I decided I might as well give the bedding department a try.  I have NEVER found anything I liked at Macy's bedding department, so I wasn't really expecting much.  Tucked away on a shelf was the bedding set pictured below.  I was absolutely ecstatic when I saw the pattern, colors, and that it was an entire set in a bag.  I, however, was not happy that the only one they had was a twin size.  I asked at the register if there were anymore in the back or if they could find one at a different Macy's and was in luck!  Not only did they find one in a king size, but the entire set of bedding plus the set of throw pillows were 80% off!!!  I won't go into details about how long this whole process took (due to a completely deaf clerk at a different Macy's), but it was worth the hour I spent in Macy's. 


The set came with a duvet, bed skirt, Euro shams, and king size shams.  The pillows came as a set and included the orange neck roll, orange throw pillow, and rectangular navy scalloped pillow.  I added the two yellow pillows and throw to tie in the wall color.


The sheets I got from Garnett Hill.  I had originally ordered a set of monogrammed sheets from Pottery Barn (seen here), but did not turn out correct.  Needless to say, the sheet thread and the monogram thread listed as Honeycomb are NOT the same color.  However, Pottery Barn was very nice about refunding the sheets, despite the monogram.  Which they should have been, since their colors don't match.






These are some of the only decorative accents in my bedroom since most of my surface space is covered by a gigantic TV on my long dresser.  I think that I got almost all of this stuff at Target, if not all of it.  Please ignore the awful pine furniture.  I have wanted to replace my bedroom furniture since what seems like the beginning of time, but that stuff is not cheap, people!  I finally broke down and bought a new bed sometime last year, but other than that, this is the same furniture I've had since college.  Before that it belonged to my little brother.  Yeah, that stuff is O-L-D, OLD!  Anyway, for the most part my bedroom is as finished as it's going to be for awhile.

The office, oh, the office.  My special little project that could.  I started redecorating the office last summer.  It started with painting a bookshelf and picking out a paint color for the walls.  Then it just stopped.  Flat out stopped until Christmas when I found the perfect rug on sale at the Pottery Barn outlet.  Slowly but surely, I'm making headway on that project.  All that's left is painting, putting furniture together (yay, Ikea!), and a few accessories.  More on that in the (hopefully) near future.

As for the rest of life in general, things are good.  Hopefully, within a few weeks, I will be back to a calmer schedule.  Cheers until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment