Monday, April 29, 2013

Moving on...

So, most of you know.  I put my house in Lexington on the market a few weeks ago.  I expected it to move quick, but had no idea that it would sell in 38 hours!  Since then, I've been in panic mode trying to pack and get ready to head back home to LOUISVILLE!!!  Who knew that after 15 years in Lexington, I would finally move home to Louisville.  I swore I'd never leave Lexington and would never be back in Louisville  but as most things I've said in the past turn out to be false, so was that.  I cannot begin to even explain how hard it is to leave Lexington.  It's where I bought my first house, where I bought my dream house, where I made and kept some of the best friends of my life, and where I spent the more formative years of my life.  I don't know what I'm going to do without easy access to the Mousetrap's Pimento Cheese, Great Bagel, and most importantly some of my best friends in the entire world.  I hate to leave all these things that have become staples in my daily life, but I can't escape the fact that I miss my family.  I need my family.  My family needs me.  And this guy...I miss this guy terribly.



Also, I've accepted the position of Chair of the Concrete Ball committee for 2014.  Even being co-chair this year has me in Louisville for at least a day or two a week.  I can't imagine trying to do the whole thing from Lexington, it would be too much driving.  Oh, what's the Concrete Ball, you ask?  Well, here, let me send you the link!  It's an absolute blast, you should totally come!


So, without further ado, some pics of my new abode in St. Matthews.  Super cute, just needs a little bit of paint and my own touch!


Front of house, obvs!  Look mom, no landscaping for you!


Dining room, with super cute painted stripes! I think I'm going to keep these.


Family room in back of house.  Paneling will be painted with light beige.  What is with me buying houses with painted wood paneling???


Formal living room.  Might paint this room a warmer color.  We'll see.  I also need furniture for this room.  Oh, the possibilities!

Till next time, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment