Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Return of Mad Men!

So, a few weeks ago was the premiere of the sixth (is that right?) of Mad Men.  I fell in love with the show just a short year ago, and have been trying to throw a theme party since then.  The premiere seemed like the perfect time to finally put it into fruition.  I tried to keep it low key since it was on a Sunday and there was only a handful of people coming.  Here's what I came up with.


Table set up.  Who took this picture with the terrible lighting???  Certainly wasn't me...


Green glassware I found at a Peddler's Mall!  Those places have some hardcore retro stuff for cheap!  Printables in frames brought to you by the AMC website on how to plan a Mad Men party.  The crockpot contains Swedish meatballs.  Gross, if you ask me, but last time I made them, people raved about them.


Milk glass candle sticks and platters courtesy of the Peddler's Mall.  Silver trays are heirlooms.  The tomatoes are stuffed with tuna salad, the back tray has pigs in a blanket, middle tray pimento cheese and Ritz crackers, front silver tray is a relish tray.  It was kind of perfect, since I actually have a relish tray circa 1950 or so.


Bourbon and vodka, decanted in my heirloom crystal.  Ice bucket and wine chiller are my usual party fare, made by MacKenzie-Childs.


Vintage ashtray, actually belongs to my roommate.  Silver drink coasters are actually from the 80's, but I thought they fit.  Vintage lighter was a find from an antique store in Midway.  I couldn't get it to work, unfortunately.  Pall Malls from the Fayette Cigar store.  Cost way too much for crappy cigarettes that I gave to my roommate, but it just fits all too well.  FYI, that's my sweet little grandma at my college graduation, she was awesome!


More vintage smoking accessories.  We actually got this lighter to work, I was so excited!  Especially since the whole set cost me about $8 from the Peddler's Mall.


My awesome glassware set that I found at Room Service, a second hand store that carries a decent amount of antiques.  I use these all the time and absolutely love them!


Printable masks from AMC's website.


Pony tail, a la Sally Draper.  

We had a bunch of fun eating, drinking Old Fashioned's and champagne, and catching up.  The season premiere was a little strange, but the episodes since have explained it.  I can't wait to catch up on the last week's episode!  
That's all for now, folks!  More to com soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment